This is a short article to introduce certain basic aspects of bucket elevator chains and bucket elevator conveying systems to non-technical persons. It describes components of something using roller chain & sprockets.
A Bucket Elevator can be an economical and efficient inclined conveying system where buckets are installed on a circulating conveying program, to vertically convey a wide selection of small to bulky components to successive delivering systems. These elevators are available across the entire spectral range of industry.
A range of mechanical drives can be used to power bucket elevators such as for example:
- Direct drive geared motor.
- Electric motor drive using V-belt & pulleys.
- Electric motor drive utilizing a roller chain & sprocket.
- Electric motor drive using a combination of the next & 3rd options.
- Geared motor with roller chain & sprockets.
Bucket Elevators often contain a number of buckets mounted on a bucket elevator chain through brackets linked with a chain bolt in a loose fitting, with sprockets located in strategic points and at the very top and bottom of the unit.