1. The worm gear reducer can get a large gear ratio, and the larger output torque is more compact than the staggered axle gear mechanism.
2. The two teeth of the worm gear are in line contact, and the bearing capacity is much higher than that of the crossed helical gear mechanism.
3. The worm gear reducer transmission is equivalent to the screw drive, which is a multi-tooth mesh drive, so the transmission is stable and the noise is very small.
4. The worm gear reducer has self-locking property. When the lead angle of the worm is smaller than the equivalent friction angle between the meshing teeth, the mechanism has self-locking property, and the reverse self-locking can be realized, that is, the worm wheel can only be driven by the worm, and the worm can not be driven by the worm wheel. For example, in the self-locking worm mechanism used in its heavy machinery, the reverse self-locking property can serve as a safety protection.
5. The worm gear reducer has high transmission efficiency and serious wear. On the other hand, the relative sliding speed is large, causing severe wear on the tooth surface and serious heat generation. In order to dissipate heat and reduce wear, materials with better anti-friction and anti-wear properties and good lubrication devices are often used, so the cost is high.
6. The axial force of the reducer worm is large, and the anti-lock bearing is installed on the worm shaft of our factory.