For the purpose of worm gear reducer, non-ferrous metal is generally used as the worm wheel, and the worm is made of hard steel. Because it is a sliding friction drive, it will generate higher heat during operation.
(1) The reducer generates heat and oil leakage;
(2) worm wheel wear;
(3) Wear of the small helical gear of the transmission;
(4) Damage to the bearing (worm).
1. The reducer generates heat and oil leakage. In order to increase the speed of the worm gear reducer, the worm gear is generally made of non-ferrous metal, and the worm is made of hard steel. Because it is a sliding friction drive, during operation, it will generate higher heat, making the parts and seals of the reducer There is a difference in thermal expansion between them, so that a gap is generated in each mating surface, and the oil is thinned due to an increase in temperature, which is liable to cause leakage. The main reasons are four points. One is whether the material is reasonable. The second is the surface quality of the meshed friction surface. The third is the choice of lubricating oil. The addition amount is correct. The fourth is the assembly quality and the use environment.
2. The worm wheel wears. The worm gear is generally made of tin bronze. The paired worm material is generally hardened with 45 steel to HRC45-55. It is also commonly used for 40C: hardened HRC50-55. After grinding by worm grinder to roughness RaO. 8 fcm, when the reducer is in normal operation, The worm is like a hardened "sickle" that uncenses the worm gear and causes the worm wheel to wear. In general, this wear is very slow, like some reducers in a factory can be used for more than 10 years. If the wear speed is faster, it is necessary to consider whether the selection of the reducer is correct, whether there is overload operation, the material of the worm gear, the assembly quality or the use environment.
3. The transmission small helical gear wears. It usually occurs on a vertical mounted reducer, mainly related to the amount of lubricant added and the choice of lubricant. When the vertical installation is installed, it is easy to cause insufficient oil quantity. When the speed reducer stops running, the transmission gear oil between the motor and the reducer will be lost, the gear will not get the proper lubrication protection, and it will not be effective during startup or operation. Lubrication causes mechanical wear and even damage.
4. The worm bearing is damaged. When the reducer fails, even if the gearbox is well sealed, the factory often finds that the gear oil in the reducer has been emulsified, the bearing has been rusted, corroded and damaged. This is because the gear oil is used during the stop and stop of the gear reducer. The condensation of moisture generated after the heat is cooled; of course, it is also closely related to the bearing quality and assembly process.